FOOD & WINE Classic 5K Charity Race - 7:00 AM
Lace up your running shoes and hit the pavement with your favorite chefs for this 3.1 mile run through Aspen! Run with celebrity chefs and wine experts through the city streets and parks of Aspen, while raising money for Wholesome Wave at the Celebrity Chef 5K Charity Run.
Wholesome Wave, a national nonprofit founded by Chef Michel Nischan, strives to create a vibrant, just and sustainable food system. By increasing affordable access to locally grown produce, Wholesome Wave inspires under-served consumers to make healthier food choices. Their innovative initiatives are improving health outcomes among low-income populations, generating additional revenue for small and mid-sized farms and bolstering local and regional economies.
Rio Grande Park
Friday, Jun 16 2017, 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Rio Grande Place, Aspen, CO 81611
Race Start: 7:00 a.m. Plan to be at the race site by 6:30 a.m. to warm up and get last minute info!
Registration & Fees:
Online registration and early bird rate of $30.90 will end Wednesday, June 14 at Noon MT. Race fees will increase to $40 after Wednesday, June 14 at Noon MT. Official registration bag will be included in fee.
On-site registration will be available: Thursday, June 15 from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, located at the Wheeler Opera House: 320 E. Hyman Ave; Friday, June 16 from 6:00 -7:00 am, located at Rio Grande Park. SORRY, NO CASH will be accepted on site.
Registration Bag & Timing Chips:
All registration bags should be picked up on Thursday, June 15 between 8:00am - 6:00pm at the Wheeler Opera House: 320 E. Hyman Ave. Bags will include your Bib Number and Timing Chip. There will be NO bag check at the race site, please plan accordingly.
Wholesome Wave Charity:
Ten dollars from each race registration will go to Wholesome Wave.
If you would like to make an additional donation, please visit the Wholesome Wave website here.
Sorry, NO CASH will be accepted on-site.
Please note, portion of registration fee donated to Wholesome Wave is not tax deductible by registrant.
Race route is subject to change. Please arrive early on race day for any changes and updates. The race will begin on Mill Street and Rio Grande Place. Racers will run across Mill Street and turn West on Bleeker Street. Head North on N. Monarch and continue West on W. Hallam. North on S. Garmisch, West onto W. Francis, then North onto Lake Avenue. Racers will turn West on Gillespie towards the Aspen Meadows Resort on Meadows Road. At the Aspen Meadows, the trail will turn to dirt for .4 miles. Racers will turn East on the Rio Grande Trail for approximately 1 mile back to the Rio Grande Park.
- For your safety, no baby joggers or strollers will be allowed.
- No pets, please.
- No cash will be accepted on site. Credit cards only.
Colorado Race Timing will be providing all the timing chips and posting the official race times. All timing chips should be picked up at registration on Thursday, June 15th at the Wheeler Opera House.
Getting to the Race
Racers are encouraged to use public transportation or walk to get to the race site. From Rubey Park, take the Hunter Creek bus (:00, :20, :40) to Clark's Market bus stop, next to Rio Grande Park.
Parking is available in the public parking garage, across from Rio Grande Park. Access the garage from the corner of Main Street and Rio Grande Place. Pass the Recycle Center and Obermeyer Place, the garage will be on the left, next to Taster's Pizza. There will be no access from Mill Street.
Results & Awards:
8:00 am: Official results will be posted after the race in Rio Grande Park and online, http://onlineraceresults.com/race/view_race.php?race_id=53750. Awards will be announced for the top 3 Men and top 3 Women. All other categories will be posted on the results board onsite and online.
We, along with our sponsor, Acqua Panna, will be handing out goodies to all our runners before and after the race. We will be spinning tunes all morning to get all our runners warmed up and The Aspen Rescue Lounge will offer a complimentary oxygen bar to help runners breathe a little easier!
(*) indicates a required field
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Refunds: All registrations are final, no refunds.
By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
By submitting this Entry Form, I represent to the Aspen Chamber Resort Association, Inc. (“ACRA”) and to the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen (“Event”) that I understand and agree to the following:
1. I have full legal authority to complete this Entry Form on behalf of myself, including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. If I am registering an individual under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the full legal authority to submit this Entry Form on their behalf and by proceeding with this Run registration, I agree that the terms and conditions of this Entry Form will apply equally to all participants of the Classic in Aspen 5K Charity Run (the “Run”).
2. I understand that participation in the Run is potentially hazardous and that I should not participate unless I am medically able to and properly trained for the Run. I understand that the Run course may be held over public roads and hazardous conditions are to be expected. I further understand that participation in the Run contains risks that cannot be fully eliminated including, minor or catastrophic injuries, impact of weather conditions, altitude or unforeseen acts by third parties.
3. I will abide by any decision of any race official, before or during the Run, relative to my ability to safely participate. I agree that my failure to honestly represent my ability to participate in the Run or accept the conditions of participation stated above and in the Run rules and procedures may result in my disqualification from participation. I grant to the Medical Director of the Run and his designee access to my medical records and physicians, as well as other information, relating to medical care that may be administered to me as a result of my participation in the Run.
4. To maintain my safety and those of other participants and individuals involved in the Run, I must and shall participate in the Run alone, unassisted, and without the aid of any person, animal, or device, unless I am participating as a disabled individual. I understand that the use of personal audio devices (iPods or MP3 headsets) during the Run is strongly discouraged.
5. I hereby assume all risks and liabilities that may be associated with and/or result from my participation in the Run involvement in or attendance at the Event, including travel to and from the Event. I acknowledge and agree that I many not recover from any individual or company associated with the Event (including, without limitation, Time Inc. and ACRA and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, servants and employees (collectively, “Releases”)) for any injury or damage to any person or property resulting from any of the activities pertaining, directly or indirectly, to the Run (or any portion thereof), and I hereby release, to the fullest extent permitted by the law, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from and against any liability, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses, damage, injuries (including death) that may be sustained by me or by others on account of me as a result of my participation in or attendance at the Run regardless of whether any such loss, damage or injury is the result of negligence and/or breach of warranty (express or implied) on the part of the Releases.
6. I authorize personnel for the Run and ACRA to call medical care for me and/or to transport me to a medical facility or hospital of their choosing if, in the opinion of such personnel, medical attention is needed. I agree that neither Time Inc., nor ACRA shall have any responsibility for calling for or transporting me to medical care, and I shall indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from and against any costs incurred in any effort to provide me with, or transport me to a place to receive, medical attention.
7. I hereby grant Time Inc., and its affiliates and licensees ("TIME") and ACRA the irrevocable, transferable, perpetual. royalty-free right and license throughout the universe to record (by photographs, film, tape, aural devices and any other method or device) my attendance (including my name, voice, image and/or likeness) at the Run (the “Recordings”), and use, modify, copy, distribute and exploit such Recordings for any and all purposes, in any and all media, formats and methods of transmission now known or hereafter developed.
8. I hereby covenant not to sue any of the Releases. This release shall be binding upon the assignees, distributees, heirs, next of kin, executors and administrators of the undersigned and may be pled by Time Inc. or ACRA and/or the other Releases as a complete bar and defense against any claims, demand, action or cause of action by or on behalf of the undersigned.
I have carefully read this agreement, and I know and understand what it means. My signature below is of my own free act and I intend it to be legally binding upon me. This agreement represents the entire understanding between Time Inc., ACRA and me regarding the subject matter hereof and supersedes any other statements, agreements or representations, whether written or oral regarding the subject matter. I agree that, if any portion of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable by a court of law, the court should enforce the remainder of this agreement without regard to such provision.